An authentic Italian recipe gets a gluten-free twist for our very own Home Chef Iosè, a Sicily native who specializes in celiac-friendly cooking from her GF kitchen in Brooklyn.
Alon’s Cacio e Pepe Kugel
- 1 Large pot for boiling pasta
- 1 Mixing bowl & spoon
- 1 Loaf pan
- 1 Parchment paper
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup Grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup White sugar
- 1/4 cup Date molasses
- 5 oz Pecorino cheese grated
- 1 tbs Black pepper
- 1 tbs Salt
- Cook the pasta for 3-4 minutes in salted water. Drain and move to mixing bowl.
- Add a little oil to pasta and toss lightly.
- Boil grape seed oil with sugar until it becomes light-medium brown in color. Pour over pasta.
- Add eggs to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Follow with pecorino cheese and stir until fully mixed.
- Pour the mixture into loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Cover with aluminum foil and baked for 4 hours at 300°F. Those who wish to bake longer can cook at 200°F for 10 hours.
- OPTIONAL: Remove aluminum foil and bake for 30 additional minutes.
- Slice and serve with homemade pickles.